Tuesday 3 November 2015

Final Shoot: Scar- Overall Character










Evaluation after paint job:


I am definitely more satisfied with the end result this time than I was with the first practice. The colour match is much better and the size fits this knee much better. When I applied the colour I really just did what was necessary. During the practice I used too many skin tones and it looked patchy but this time I just generally matched the silicone piece with the surrounding skin tones and coloured the main skin the way I needed it. Afterwards I used a mixture of the Kryolan Alabaster foundation and mixed it with the red supercolour to paint the two smaller scars. Using the same colour I also used it partly around the main scar to create more dimension. As said before I am happy with the colour results but I think there are some parts between middle scar and the smaller ones where I should have blended a bit more as those bits stand out because they are too shiny. Also now looking at the images I realized that the top part of the scar is slightly to outwards going. when I looked back at my sisters images I noticed that the scar is flatter than mine and not as pointy at the ends. I think I mixed hers a bit too much up with the scars I have. We do have very similar scars from our knee surgery's so while sculpting I also used mine as a reference what I probably should have not done. Which means in the future when I do wounds I have to stick more accurately to the reference images.But this mistake is not only bad because I learned the consequences from it-> that it is not completely realistic anymore, and that research is very important. I still enjoyed doing the scar and was at the end quite good and quick at applying and colouring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment