Monday 2 November 2015

Second Scar Practice



So it really bothered me that the scar size didn't really fit my models knee and also it annoyed me that I slightly messed up the colours. Thus I decided to practice the scar on my knee. My sister and I are very similar so I thought that the design I based on her surgery scar may fit my knee better.
And it certainly did. I was quite pleased with the outcome and wished I actually took proper pictures of it because then I could have used it as my final images:) Well anyway I only took pictures of the final look with the paint on and not of the application but somehow the blending was much better and somehow easier and faster than in the practice shoot. I also matched the colours better but maybe it's because I have quite pale skin so it was a bit easier? But what I found really interesting is how through the blending the Baldiez layer also takes on the skin texture and makes it just look real. Very fascinating:) 

Anyway here are some images.

But yes even though I am happier with the colour here it is still slightly too yellow for my skin tone. But I will change that for the actual one.

  Ooohh can you see the skin texture^^? So amazing how the blending layer adopted the same skin texture!!! I am so amazed!



 I have to say I really like this last picture because it does look real, right? Maybe it's just me but I think it looks real^^ I also send the pictures to my sister and she said it does look liker her scar so I think mission accomplished :D 


Thoughts on the second practice (quick practice)
 First off all it was much quicker to work on myself which is interesting:) Also the skin match was much better. I just have to be careful not too add too much yellow. Also I like the two tube scars in this practice more as well. The colouring looks much more real than in the first try. I think in my first practice they were too red. It is more subtle here. Another thing which I noticed just now it that you can't see the fine lines on the mail scar on the first practice images but you can clearly see them here. I wonder why that is? Because the moulds were the same?? And the sizing definitely suits my knee  more. Probably because my knee is bigger than my models.

No comments:

Post a Comment