Tuesday 27 October 2015

What went wrong?!



Soooo... I changed the sculpture and made the scar much smaller. Unfortunately I just realized that I forgot to take pictures of the new sculpture. Anyway I did the new sculpture, made the negative and the scar piece and was first quite happy because I thought 'Oh yeah the size should be good now and everything will be just fine.' . NO^^ I kept looking at the scar and thought hmm something is still not right. And then it finally hit me!!Better late than never:D The thing that was off about my scar is that the scar is supposed to go outwards but mine went inwards. I remember that I was  confused when we just started sculpting because I didn't if I have to make it (in the sculpture) go inwards or outwards for the scar to be later outwards coming. And I did ask the teachers if it was alright like that and they said yes but maybe they didn't know that the scar was supposed to come outwards.Maybe I just forgot that even though the negative was like I wanted the scar to be , it will still be reversed later when applying the silicone and deadener mix to make the final scar piece. Well never mind I am just happy that I finally found out what was wrong but also feel a bit stupid for not noticing it earlier. 

So now I will have to make a completely new sculpture and just start all over again. But that's okay. It is a learning process and I learned that you do the sculpture how you want your actual piece to look like in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment