Tuesday 27 October 2015

Second try, and another failure



After the mystery was lifted as to why my scar was looking wrong I did a completely new sculpture and this time the right way around :) I learned from it:):)

When doing the new sculpture I also paid attention to it not to make it too big. So I don't have to make any changes later, which would just waste time and products.



That's my new sculpture and I am quite happy with it.
So earlier I went into Uni to do the negative mould and the final  scar piece (it is my day off so I would had enough time to do it).
So I don't know what went wrong but somehow the negative didn't want to dry on the inside(the part I need). When I removed the negative the silicone was still liquid but only on the inside. the top bit was alright. So I cleaned the sculpture with alcohol applied the fixing spray and petrolease again and glued the cup around it and made another SA and SB mixture. I waited at least an hour and the top bit was hard (again) but when I took it out it was even worse this time on the inside. So I went to the teacher because I was pretty clueless about what to do. Well there are a few things that could have happened. It could be that the amount of silicone wasn't even but I am pretty sure it was because I always pay attention to it. Then it could be that one of the Silicone containers got contaminated, which would be a disaster!! Or maybe something was on the sculpture? Who knows. So then we cleaned the sculpture thoroughly with alcohol but then I thought if there is really something on the clay it would be best to redo the sculpture again. I don't really mind redoing it( you become much quicker in sculpting the more often you do it^^ and I did this sculpture so many times(kind of^^) but the thing that really annoys me is that I wasted so much silicone for the two silicone negatives for nothing.

So I am doing the sculpture again and will do the negative again and hopefully it will turn out alright because it would be such a waste if the silicone containers would be contaminated and I am really worried about that. Also I really want to finish this scar shoot soon because I just have so much other stuff to do . 





A day later.... ^^

I successfully redid my sculpture and it looks like the one from above so I didn't take a new picture.
Also this time I really cleaned the sculpture with alcohol before I sprayed the fixing spray and petrolease just to make sure there is nothing on that could contaminate the clay. Then I did the silicone negative and made sure I really have the same amount of SA and SB and I prayed a lot during the one hour wait and it turned out just fine. I was sooo relieved! Also that means that the silicone containers weren't contaminated and I don't have to throw them away! Yayy!! Which means that there was probably something on the clay. I was actually thinking about it and remembered that the clay had a somewhat oily finish on it after I sprayed the petrolease on the other sculpture so maybe that was the reason? But then I don't know why it had that weird finish as I have my sculptures in a sandwich box to keep them save  and they were clean. I tried to google it and find out what may have been the reason but google wasn't really helpful this time. Anyway after successfully making the negative I did the scar silicone piece and it worked as well and now I can finally do y practice. Also I had some pipettes at home and I thought they would be quite useful to fill the silicone/deadener/pigment ix into the two small tube scars. Those pipettes are now officially part of my special effects kit :)


Add image of scar mould!!








No comments:

Post a Comment