Tuesday 1 December 2015

Final Shoot: Hybrid overall character







Evaluation after paint job:

The paint work for this character wasn't too complicated so I managed to get the painting done quite quickly, But even though it is easy there are still things you have to pay attention to. For instance is it better to work here with a sponge and dab the colour on as I noticed before that when I used a brush to apply the supercolor onto the silicone pieces it turned out very patchy . Also even if you use a sponge just really dab the colour on otherwise you will pick up the colour again and it gets patchy as well and my design is supposed to be as very smooth even look so I can't have unevenness in the colour. Also it is important that the different red tone nuances are gradually going into each other. no hard edges. I kept adding more darker red tones on the lower side of the cheek bones pieces to make them even more outstanding and it worked quite well. I did the same with the fore head pieces only that I here applied the colour on the sides.  It is a bit unfortunate that the silicone came off above the eyes because with the colour on it enhances the edges even more. When I took the images for just the application it didn't look like this. I also like how the colored contact lenses work so well with the blue around the eyes Because I wanted to give the  impression that all of the blue is the eye I am glad the blue I choose worked so well. It would have been even better to get full eyed lenses but I have only seen them in black so far. But that would have been awesome. I am very relieved how the decollete part turned out as it was very patchy during the practice. Also I have noticed that the food colouring and latex don't mix well, I first thought I could just pour red food colouring into a bit of latex and would get red latex which I then could easily apply but as soon as I poured the food colouring into the latex the red turned into blue clumbs. Then I tried applying the red first and over it latex but the latex turned out patchy and had this blueish hue as well, In the end I dabbed on the latex with a sponge real quickly- and you have to be careful not to pick it up again- and let it dry.When dry I stippled on the red with a sponge as well and I got this really nice shiny texture.Also I applied the same red supercolor tone the neck has on decollete and shoulders so it would match later on. I didn't do it during practice and it was obvious that there were different red tones.With the latex and red food color I wanted to create this really shiny transparent skin which the Vampire squid has between his tentacles. Another important thing was to blend in the red colour into the hair. This was especially important as the part I needed for blending the forehead piece into the hair line was flooded by the silicone and I couldn't really blend it in. So I was thinking what to do to still make it look edge less, I already decided to put in red into the hair but I decided it would be even more important to intensify the red around the hair line and then blend it out down the hair. I am quite satisfied with the end result. The only thing which annoys me is that I didn't pay attention to the arms. I covered all of the shoulders with the red and latex combination and went down to armpits height but  when I was taking the mid-length images I noticed that it wasn't enough so I quickly went and got the supercolor. But the application was patchy and the red tones don't match and you obviously see it in the mid-length images. And that really angers me because I should have kept that in mind. It was an obvious thing to do like it was obvious that I would have to cover the inside of the ears with red as well to match it to my character but in case with the arms I completely forgot. But well now it is too late but I learned from it. That's at least something.

No comments:

Post a Comment