Tuesday 1 December 2015

Evaluation






This unit we learned how to create different characters using silicone flat moulds. We learned how to make sculptures with clay and how to make moulds using Silicone A, Silicone B and Deandener. We also learned the factors that influence silicone like Aloe Vera and garlic and how to behave when working with fixing spray and the appropriate health and safety for working with Silicone. Throughout this unit I had to do a lot of research regarding the wound I had to create and especially for the hybrid project. I noticed for both that you have to be careful with the content from the internet. Especially if you look for wound references. I also had to overcome a lot of problems with the silicone. I had a lot of times when the silicone didn’t dry properly and I had to throw away the whole mould and sculpture as I suspected that something contaminated it. Then I had to redo my wound sculpture as I did not pay attention when it came to the sculpting and instead of making it come outwards I made it go inwards and that cost me a lot of silicone for moulds as it took me forever to realize what was wrong. For my hybrid I had to carefully thing about my design and had to change it a few times as I had to keep in mind if I actually would be able to do it in a certain amount of time and had to make sure it looks realistic. Therefore it was very important to me to do a deep research on the anatomy of human and the vampire squid (my chosen element). What I found a bit difficult was to imagine how my pieces would look on the model and if it would actually work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment